01 April 2008

Finds from flea market









I went for shopping to the flea market and i found pieces of textile that i can unravel.

It is very traditional weave that i used for rug, my last weaving work. I will continue this theme of traditional weaves but now i will use smaller size. I think i will do collection of minitextiles. I will use unrevelled yarns.

I miss very much my granma when i look these pictures. She loved yarns and cloths. I think my woven minitextiles could be memories for my wonderful granma.

5 comments:

Taueret said...

it has never occurred to me to reclaim yarn from woven fabric!

elsa eriika said...

Thank you for you comment! Ya, i have not seen many people doing it but i love it it. It is slow but very meditative process.

Nora said...

Beautiful work and photos. Thank you for visiting my blog and introducing me to your corner of the internet. :)

Meg in Nelson said...

I love the orange/red combination.

elsa eriika said...

Thank you for comments nora and meg and welcome again!